4/19/09

The two i's

Italy and Ireland.

The "i" section of my Europe guidebook will be thoroughly worn by the end of my two week tour.

Here is the plan: Florence to Naples to Rome to Dublin to the Irish countryside, then back to Aix, utterly exhausted, but filled to the brim with homemade Italian pasta, rolling Irish hills, Renaissance art, and most importantly-- unforgettable adventures that I will take with me as long as the urge to see and do and learn rushes through my Europe-lovin' veins.

This weekend, everything seemed to gracefully fall into place. Pack my bags-- check. Book all our hostels-- check. Say a tearful goodbye to Aix-- check. Freak out a bit, then realized that I can totally do this-- check.

I'm ready to go. I'm not ready for my alarm to sound tomorrow morning at 4:25 so Haley and I make our 5:11 train out of Aix, but at least I will be traveling by roomy, high speed train rather than a crowded, seemingly eternal overnight bus.

I will post when I have access to the Internet, which I hope will be often.

I'm nervous. I've never been nervous for a trip like I am nervous for this one.

No comments: