4/16/09

Tragic Sneezes and Figgy Tea

I haven't been feeling well. I sneezed 8 times in class today, and but the sixth or seventh sneeze, Natalie just laughed at me. Then Jesus sneezed, and she exclaimed, "Jesus! Are you trying to impersonate Katie today?!"

My France and Europe class was canceled, so, I practically skipped to Book in a Bar two hours earlier than usual as per my usual Thursday routine. What a treat. Greta, Jill, and I played a rousing game of Scrabble, where I managed to dominate with the 75 point word "queer".

Now, I keep replaying the sentence I don't have school for two weeks in my head. If only I could say All my travel plans are confirmed and set to go for Italy and Ireland, I would be completely content, and my runny nose and cold headache would not seem like such a tragedy.

Our scrabble board at Book in a Bar plus my teapot of Italian Tea. It tasted like figs.

Jill had all vowels. Tough luck.

Natalie is on the left. She is talking with Amanda and Grace, two girls in my class. This was during out "petit pose", which can range anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes depending on what kind of day Natalie is having. Today, she wasn't feeling well, so we had a 20 minute break in the sunshine.

What a beautiful courtyard we have at IEFEE.

Two things in this picture make me happier than words on this blog can express.
1) Sunshine!
2) Trees with leaves!!

No comments: