2/6/09

Turkey Time

After our interesting, yet delicious adventures in breaded turkey, Annie and I decided to utilize the remaining turkey breasts before freezer burn devoured them whole.

Hence, the idea for a French Thanksgiving.

Mashed sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, and turkey breasts with raspberry jelly (substituting in for cranberry sauce) comprised the main meal. Although the onions on top of the casserole were pan fried and the mushroom soup was a bit runny, all it all it was a fantastic meal that I was very much grateful for.

Doesn't my turkey breast look like a fish?

At the table, Annie and I took turns explaining the things in our lives that we are thankful for.

Family and friends of course made the list, but the big winner for both of us was the same: we are so thankful for our time here in France. A time to explore Europe, soak up another culture, and live in a city that is so charming.

Desert was the "French" portion of our Thanksgiving. Bread pudding with strawberry jam. I don't have words, but I can say that Annie and I ate at least half of it, and that I don't think there is any left this afternoon.

Just two baguettes, 100 g. of butter, 3 eggs, 100 g. of sugar, 1/4 liter of milk, and a layer of strawberry jam in a 200 degree C oven made this desert of perfection.

I won't be writing for the weekend, as I will be in Barcelona with Haley, Karinne, and Annie. We are leaving on the bus tonight, will arrive in Barcelona bright and early Saturday morning (5:15 a.m.-- yikes!), and leave Barcelona Sunday night to arrive back in Aix at 5:00 a.m. (yikes again!) Monday morning.

I'm so excited to see Barcelona, a city I have only heard wonderful things about.

I'll take lots of pictures.

No comments: