5/13/09

What I've been doing lately (as I definitely haven't been studying for finals)-- in pictures

I took this picture Friday morning at the market. It is a huge hunk of dried meat. Annie and I simultaneously said "Gross!". I keep returning to the market day after to"stall shop". I wander the colorful produce, listen to the rapidly babbling French farmers, and wish that I had made more recipes with vegetables and fruit and honey and spices and cheese and baguette and basically any ingredient French.

Annie and I enjoying the goodbye BBQ on Friday.

Annie and Karinne doing the same thing.

We celebrated Karinne's 21st birthday party Friday night. This is the only picture I took during the evening (that's Allison), but I think it captures the mood of the event nicely.

I went to the beach in Marseille on Saturday. It was lovely-- I fell asleep as the Mediterranean wind messed my hair.

Look how clear that water is. A few of my friends ventured in, but I was not brave enough to face the cold. I dipped my toe in and exclaimed "No!" as I spread out my towel and tuned my iPod to my favorite sleepy listening-- Harry Potter on tape.

The group packing up to go. There is Greta, Jill, Danni's feet, Allison, and Annie.

I took this picture yesterday of one of the most known fountains in Aix-- The Four Dolphins.

Karinne, Haley, and I planned to go on an Aix photo shoot, but the weather didn't necessarily behave. Its so funny that I have pictures of me standing in front of the Sagrada Famille in Barcelona and Notre Dame in Paris-- but I don't have pictures of me in front of Aix's tiny, but none-the-less monumental landmarks. Well, now I have one pictures I suppose.

I can check Book in a Bar off the list of things to do before I leave. We played scrabble, and [insert gasp] I bought ANOTHER book. If it looks like I'm crying when I see my family at the airport on Sunday, it won't be because I'm glad to see them, it will be because security made me throw some books away because my carry on was too heavy. Just kidding family!

The most wondeful sight in the world-- a cup of tea at Book in a Bar. I feel soothed just looking at it.

No comments: