5/6/09

Sicky: Part II

I made it to class-- barely.

I threw my cacophonous phone across the room when my alarm went off this morning, forcing the poor thing into what I fear is a permanent sleep mode. For those of you who don't know me well, I live by one general rule when it comes to waking up in the morning:

1. Never, EVER, no matter how many precious few minutes of sleep you may have received, snooze your alarm.

I guess I have a gift for waking up early, and I have always managed a life sans snooze. I even harbor an ever so tiny grudge against those who do, stupidly priding myself on my morning wakefulness.

Anyway.. back to the point, which is that you know I am not feeling like myself if I snooze. The sickness is getting to me-- especially my nerves. I'm trying to appreciate my final days in France. I want to smell the spring air. I want to revel in the glorious sunshine at Parc de la Torse. I don't want to walk at superspeed to my apartment after class, yearning for my beautiful bed with every step. I don't want to scare my teachers and elicit multiple "Pauvre, pauvre Katie"'s from Natalie. I don't want to scare poor pedestrians in the rue with my hacking-- their lingering glares seem to say, "You don't cough like a French person either!".

This bronchitis better run its course, and it better run it quick. My phone's life hangs in the balance... as well as my lungs... and maybe even a bit of my sanity.

1 comment:

Allison said...

ohh, i really do hope you feel better. but, for the record, this entry is really well written! lets catch up when you are neither sick nor skipping class!