5/12/09

Maybe, just maybe...

... I've been avoiding writing my blog because I would have to write about leaving.

Sunday, I packed. Now my apartment looks miserably empty, and my two giant suitcases are haughtily sitting at the foot of my bed, taunting me because I actually have to carry/drag/kick them a mile to the bus stop on Sunday.

Friday, I went to a goodbye BBQ.

Yesterday, I passed out 18 magnets in class that featured the word "Oklahoma!" along with sauntering cowboys, grazing buffaloes, and jumping river bass as remember me! gifts to my classmates. Natalie loved hers.

Sunday, I made a list of the things I have to do in Aix before I leave.

1. Go have a cafe at Les Deux Garcons-- the hippest, most expensive cafe on the Cours Mirabeau-- and people watch.
2. Go to Book in a Bar and complete my mission of tasting every tea on their menu.
3. Have a picnic in Parc de la Torse.
4. Slowly appreciate one last nutella crepe from Crepe a Go-Go
5. Jump in the Rotonde Fountain.

Number 5 might be tricky. And, if I buy one more book while I'm doing number 2, they officially won't let me come back to America, as I will be over the book weight limit (I have about 12 stuffed in my bag right now).

Now, I'm off to study. And mourn. I have six finals this week.

No comments: