3/11/09

Pink Purses and Other Random Thoughts

Random Thought #1: Annie and I had, potentially, the most bizarre dinner ever. Butternut squash soup and ham and mushroom pizza. That is what happens when you go to the grocery store without a plan, on a budget, and with a growling stomach.

Random Thought #2: Karinne and I did our weekly circuit workout today. Although it is tough, I like to think that Karinne and I were pretty inventive given our lack of gym. It goes like this...

1 min. jumping jacks
1 min. step-ups on my kitchen chairs
Repeat 3 times for a total of 6 minutes.

That is the Cardio Circuit.
Circuit #1 (do it all the way through three times)
15 squats held for 5 seconds each
15 arm dips
50 alternating crunches

Repeat Cardio Circuit for 6 minutes.

Circuit #2 (do it all the way through three times)
15 lunges
15 push-ups
Plank for 30 seconds

Repeat Cardio Circuit for 6 minutes.

Circuit #3 (do it all the way through three times)
10 dips on each leg
10 side crunches on each side
20 tricep curls (using a purse for weight)
15 inverted push ups (you lower your straightened legs until they almost touch the ground, then bring them up until they are perpendicular with your body and you are lifting your butt off the ground)

It takes us about an hour, and always has Karinne saying about half-way through the second circuit, "Man, I'm sweating like a pig!"

I always hastily agree with her, then return to grunting and panting.

Random Thought #3: I love tape. My bedroom wall is officially decorated now, with cards I have received in the mail, postcards/pictures I have particularly identified with in my travels, and a map of New York (which is still my favorite big city in the world).

Allison made me this one for my birthday. Try to read it and figure it out-- its fun.

Random Thought #4: I'm not one to typically carry around a purse that screams pink, but I love, love, love my birthday present my mom bought me in London. I love it so much, I had to take a picture to show the world.


Random Thought #5: How am I going to get from Aix to Florence to Naples to Rome to Athens to Santorini back to Aix for my two week break in April? The planning must begin. If anyone has any good travel tips for these destinations-- let me know as I will definitely be needing them.

I sat staring at train time tables and ferry boat schedules and discount air websites for an hour this evening, and my brain is offiically fried.

2 comments:

Allison said...

aww, you posted a pic of my card. love it. i also meant to tell you that i noticed your very pink purse this afternoon but i forgot to comment on it. sooo cute!

Emily said...

Love the purse! Glad you had fun on your break and glad that you're back in the groove of your routine. And what a creative workout. I love using a purse for weight.