3/8/09

Day of Departure

I’m sitting on the TGV from Paris to Aix now. I’m feeling very emotional and sad about leaving my Mom. It’s probably because we woke up at 2:45 this morning for our 6:15 departure from Heathrow. It was a tad early, and we ended up sitting in the airport contemplating which chairs looked the most bed-like while waiting for check-in and security to open. So, I’m probably just sleep deprived. I started crying when I quickly rushed off to my gate for the train in Paris, and I’m crying a bit now (Much to the disdain of the lady sitting next to me [after writing that sentence, I hope she isn't reading my screen or doesn't speak English])

It was just such a great trip, and seeing my Mom and Aunt reminded me of home. You start to forget in Aix, as everything is so new and different and challenging day in and day out. But hearing my Mom talk about the lake house, Tucker and Abraham, and Molly and my Dad made me remember why I’m only studying here for a semester. I’m a homebody. Don’t get me wrong, I’m so, so glad my parents have given me the opportunity to study abroad. I think it is one of the best things I will do with my life. I’m just homesick, and I’m sure these feelings will vanish the second the Parisian fog clears and I see my sun-soaked, quaint Provencal town.

Zach comes in a week. I can’t believe he is coming. I’m so looking forward to showing someone my life in Aix.

No comments: