8/5/09

My boyfriend is a firefighter

And I just like to tell people that sometimes.

He volunteers at Quogue Fire Department open houses, serving hot dogs to the young masses with a smile on his face... in the pouring rain.

Well, at least he did last Sunday. Maybe he wasn't smiling the whole time. Maybe he insisted I put away the camera after I quickly snagged this singular photo. And maybe, just maybe... I left after only 30 minutes, 3 clams, and 1 ice cream cone because my feet were beginning to prune from the downpour.

Unfortunately, the weather meant the department didn't raise as much money as it did last year, when the sun smiled upon the young-ens as they rode around in the department's signature yellow truck and frolocked on a moon bounce.

I'm just proud to say my intake of junk has significantly decreased from the monumental 7 clams, 1.5 hot dogs, 1 bag of popcorn, and 1 ice cream cone of last year.

No comments: