1/18/09

Expectations

The Abroadco handbook told me that I should go into my study abroad experience with "little to no expectation". Apparently, whatever I am expecting is so different from actuality that my daydreams about drinking French wine and my fantasies about admiring the famous Aix fountains are fruitless.

Well, I would like to make a toast (with my soon to be French wine) to screwing the handbook.

I have made a list of realistic expectations. I hope/pray/know that they will all come to fruition.


1. To be adventurous.

2. To never buy more food at the market than is needed for my next meal.

3. To travel ANYWHERE I would like.

4. To make friends.

5. To be comfortable and confident having a conversation in French.


It is the night before leaving-- and I'm not nervous. My bags are packed. I've said my goodbyes. I'm ready to go.

Oh! I hope this is everything I am expecting!

No comments: