7/30/09

Summer Reading

Here are the books I have read this summer (all on my wonderful, magical, best-gadget-in-the-whole-entire-world Kindle).

I've ranked them, number one being my favorite and number ten being my least favorite. *Insert Disclaimer* They were ALL worth reading, I simply liked certain plots/characters/themes more than others.

1. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
2. Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
3. The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski
4. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
5. White Tiger: A Novel by Aravind Adiga
6. Child 44 by Tom Rob Smith
7. On Beauty by Zadie Smith
8. Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
9. In the Woods by Tana French
10. When a Crocodile Eats the Sun by Peter Godwin

Anyway, I've compiled this list for several reasons. I'll enumerate them in yet another list.

1. To make me think about what I have read after I have read it.
2. Hopefully, to entice someone out there to pick up a book and enjoy the wonder of reading a good, recommended book.
3. I love to read. I love to write. So, writing about books is, essentially, my dream, my hope, and my passion.

No comments: